Thursday, December 29, 2022

Picture of the Day - December 28, 2022

 

Fox Squirrels in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan 362/2022 200/P365Year15 5313/P365all-time – (December 28, 2022)

Picture of the Day - December 28, 2022

  • Picture Title: Fox Squirrels in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan 

  • Why this one? - I loved how this little squirrel started climbing my leg.  She was happy to see me after a few very cold days on campus.  I have not had a leg climber in a long time - so it was nice to get a good picture and showcase this.  Martha (I give names to the ones with bad mange) will get a second dose of meds next week.

  • Picture Description: Fox squirrels getting ready for a cold winter in Michigan - taken on Wednesday December 28th, 2022.  I would not normally be on campus during the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, but a house call was in order.  There were a good number of squirrels who had bald patches on campus - a sign of mange.  If there was a red mark on the skin - that meant they were scratching.  I gave a whole bunch the first dose and I needed to wait a week to get them dose number two.  Hence the decision to come in during the break.  I think I will make Wednesday my main medicine distribution day - so I do not give any of the squirrels too much Ivermectin.  I did have to pickup more treated pecans from my contact at Friends of Wildlife.  I will need to get more soon as lots of squirrels had mange.  Two had really large bald patches.  Martha (over by Martha Cook) was very happy to see me and I will get a second dose next week.  Hatcher was one squirrel I saw on the Diag who had more scratches on the bald spot.  The one I did not see was Max Power - who I gave a first dose on the 21st.  I will look again when I am back on campus next week.   Hopefully we will get these squirrels on their way to healthy living soon.  Many squirrels will share a nest and that is how mange will spread.  Wishing you joy, health and peace wherever you are.

  • Project 365 Tracking: 362/2022 200/P365Year15 5313/P365all-time – (December 28, 2022)

  • Other Pictures of Note That Day: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cseeman/tags/umsquirrels12282022


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment