Users who find my pictures are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
So if this is for non-commercial purposes, I am very happy if people use it. I love to see my pictures used and they have been found a great deal these days. Every week or so, I check to see if my pictures are being used. Saw some some really interesting things today - so I thought I would come up with a weekly (or thereabouts) summary of what is going on in the use of my pictures.
Why do I call it "This Week in Tagging?" The reason these pictures are found is because of a simple fact - I tag my photos with descriptive terms. I also used geotagging when practical. This makes these pictures easy to find - and that makes them easy to use. Even last week I worked on a picture from New Orleans that was being used by a company in Toronto - the power of tagging.
So this is what I have this week to share.
Used by Nashville Public Radio for an article on textbooks. This was from Jeremy's 1st day of 10th Grade in Saline, Michigan, way back in 2008. This picture has been used on similar articles!
Used by Southern California Public Radio for an article on local hikes to take over the President's Day Weekend. Here are all my pictures from that hike last year.
Workplace Bullying Is A Form Of Domestic Violence, Counsel Victims Accordingly from Dannielle Blumenthal's blog. This is actually a picture of Chris under my desk at work - he was just goofing off one day when he came in with me in 2007.
Here is the last one - Compliments of the Ann Arbor News. They had a photo caption contest for this squirrel picture taken this week.
Tag you pics everyone - fame awaits you!