Sunday, January 8, 2023

Picture of the Day - January 4th, 2023

 Fox Squirrels in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan 


Fox Squirrels in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan 4/2023 207/P365Year15 5320/P365all-time – (January 4, 2023)


Neither students nor

squirrels look their best on the 

first day of classes.

#SquirrelHaiku #HaikuChallenge23


  • Why this one? Loved how this squirrels looked on the first day of classes.  While in the Fall Term, we have more spring in our step and enthusiasm for the year, the first day of Winter can be tough.  And if it is raining, even harder.  Here is a squirrel in front of Hatcher Library that captures that exact thought!

  • Picture Description: Fox squirrels on a damp day at the beginning of Winter Term 2023.  Taken at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor on Wednesday January 4th, 2023.  Wednesdays are going to be a normal in-person day for me - but it is also the day when I will be making house calls to my squirrel friends.  There were a good number of squirrels who had bald patches on campus - a sign of mange.  If there was a red mark on the skin - that meant they were scratching.  I think I will make Wednesday my main medicine distribution day - so I do not give any of the squirrels too much Ivermectin.  I did not see some of my friends who had the worst cases, but I will check on Friday.  Hopefully we will get these squirrels on their way to healthy living soon.  Many squirrels will share a nest and that is how mange will spread.  Wishing you joy, health and peace wherever you are.

  • Project 365 Tracking: 4/2023 207/P365Year15 5320/P365all-time – (January 4, 2023)

  • Other Pictures of Note That Day:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/cseeman/tags/umsquirrels01042023


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment